Thursday, November 4, 2010

Choice of Instrument

Hope you like the new blog layout. I have decided to go with a different layout for each 30 Day Challenge.

WOOHOO! I have finally chosen my instrument (I know right, I've wasted 4 days of the challenge...) -- the guitar! I've chosen it for numerous reasons.

1 - My sister conveniently owns one, therefore I do not have to buy one.
2 - I have always wanted to learn how to play the guitar, but have never had the time to do it.
3 - Maybe I can start a rock band - COOL!

I youtubed some "guitar lessons for newbies" and found that they all had one thing in common - learn the different parts of the guitar! I know I will never be able to remember the different parts as there seem to be so many..

* Headstock, at the end of the guitar neck.
* Neck, comprising frets, tuners, fretboard, headstock and truss rod.
* Nut, a small strip of any hard material at the headstock-fretboard juncture.
* Fretboard or fingerboard.
* Frets, metal strips embedded on the fretboard.
* Truss rod, a metal rod along the inside of the neck.
* Strings made from metal or polymer materials.
* Inlays, visual elements along the exterior surface.

AND, that is what is found on a basic guitar... I'm sure different types of guitars have a different amount of parts. I think, or at least I hope, that my sister's guitar is fairly basic.

Yes, for all of those wondering, I DID ask my sister to teach me how to play the guitar; since clearly that would be easier than youtube videos. However, she forgets (LOL what a nutbar).. so, I am on my own. Ian still has not found a harmonica! Ten bucks says he fails the challenge.

Anyway, that's all for now. Maybe I'll post a video soon of me attempting to learn the basics of a basic guitar.

Peace, Love, and Hugs to all!
Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment