Monday, January 17, 2011

Another Obstacle!

So! This past Friday was suppose to be our very first day visiting with residents; however, all did not go as planned.

Thursday evening we received an email from Lois stating that Home 3 was in lockdown due to chronic flu symptoms. If you don't remember, the Leacock Centre is made up of 5 individual homes. Due to Home 3 being in lockdown, Public Health is temporarily not allowing any but staff to come in and out of the entire building. Over the past 2 days we have received notices of people passing away.. I feel awful for all of these people. I hate to think that someone so elderly, just like someone as young as Annabelle was, is terribly vulnerable to every and any bacteria. I cannot imagine what their families are going through. I would hate to lost my Mom or Dad.

Hopefully the lock down doesn't last for too too too long and we can begin visiting with residents! I hope we're able to get in prior to the end of this 30-Day Continuation of Volunteering Challenge.

We will keep you updated!

No comments:

Post a Comment