Sunday, February 5, 2012

February Challenge Change :)

So! We decided to not do the book club idea because we didn't like the book they had chosen (something about a cat who becomes lost in a library). I have instead decided to either join an 8 week bereavement group, which I consider a "club", or join a fitness club. Hmm, maybe I will do both!

My emotions have been wonky for the past month and I can't seem to travel out of this slump, so the bereavement group is something that I think would be extremely beneficial to me both mentally and emotionally. I have a meeting with the group coordinator this week to see if this group would be best for me - I hope we both end up agreeing that it will be.

My fitness is a completely separate subject. I am thin, but very unhealthy. My diet is not what it should be, and my body is not toned like I would like it to me. I'm wondering if my up and down emotions stem from my lack of self esteem for how I look. I think that might be part of it. So, maybe if I join a fitness club I can gain self esteem which in turn will lead to stabilized emotions.

Phew! Let's see what this week brings :) Ian still hasn't decided what club he wants to join, but he better decide soon!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh yay! You're doing challenges again. OMG, I am convinced I'm gonna have a heart attack ever since Friday. Did you know it's American Heart Month and heart disease is the number one killer of women? Definitely join the fitness club. I don't know how bad you're doing to know how much you need the bereavement group. They will both probably help you out though and help get your stress under control. Glad you didn't do the book. That does sound lame. Good luck with whatever you pick!

    ReplyDelete